Saturday 15 September 2012

Day 11 - Weekend Again

Well I am one day away from being half way through this first journey.  I feel amazing and can't believe that I did it so far.  I was very scared when I first heard I had to be on a liquid diet for 3 weeks.  I didn't know what to expect.  I was afraid I would be starving every day no matter how often people told me I would be fine.  I worried about seeing food in the house and wanting it.  I was worried that smelling food would make me break the liquid diet and make me have to start all over.

None of these things have happened!! I am not hungry despite the fact that EVERYONE who hasn't done this thinks I should be starving to death.  I am actually so full some evenings I don't feel the need for supper but eat it because its something I need to do to stay healthy.   I don't care who eats around me or what is being made in the same house, I know that I am fine without it. I have even made meals for Colin and didn't mind it at all.  I know he's not going to be on the same meal plan as I am ever, unless he's sick, and I can't stop doing my daily routines of making meals, cleaning up after them, and watching someone eat them.  I can still say things smell delicious without eating them which is something that is different for me.

I went, last evening, to watch Colin fly his RC plane and we went down to the dam (actually behind it on the walking track) and I thought to myself, this is the first time I've sat here in my car without a fast food meal in my lap.  It was a very ODD experience for me.  I hope to have many more times in the future where this is the case!!

My next step is to make sure I have everything ready for our trip to Mississauga.  We leave in 10 days!! I am also trying to make meals plans for after the surgery so I don't struggle with trying to figure out what I can and can't eat. I hope it goes as well in real life as it is going in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment