Saturday 1 December 2012

Christmas Party

Seaside had their Christmas party last evening at Horizon Achievement Center in Sydney. Everyone from both sections of the company was invited and 90% of them showed. The night started with wine, cheese and mingling followed by a turkey dinner. It was difficult for me because I couldn't pick what I wanted and didn't want on my plate. The plate was very large compared to what I'm eating off of on a daily basis and the same with the cutlery. I did make it through though. I had about 3 ounces of white turkey meat, 1/2 cup of carrots and peas and about 1/8 of a cup of mashed potatoes. Desert was laid out on the table before we started and it was a few different kinds of cheese cake, However I only had one bit and handed the rest to Colin.

Next issue for me was finding something I likes to drink besides a cooler because I can't drink those anymore. I had very few options ....

Kaluha with milk
Baja rosa straight up
Baja rosa with milk
Wine

I am sure I could have had rum and water but I was not that brave and I was driving as well so I stuck with the wine. It was good and I am not a wine drinker by any means.

We had a great time none the less once the food issues were overcome. Our new owners had some amazing prizes picked out for us too.

1. Digital camera
2. Two iPad 4's
3. 40" LCD tv
4. A $3000 travel voucher with maritime travel for anywhere in the world

Colin won one of the iPad 4's and that is what I'm typing this blog on today because he loves me so much he gave it to me :-)

I will be getting a picture from the party of Colin and I but not for a week or so. And once I learn to add photos to the iPad I will post my most recent picture taken last night with my new hair cut and everything.

I finally felt comfortable at a large gathering. We had a lot of fun and although I am not brave enough yet to get up and dance I know it will come. Happy for small victories right now I'm not pushing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment