Monday 12 November 2012

New Treadmill

So excited to have my new treadmill in my house. We ordered it from Sears on Oct 10th and didn't receive it till Nov 9th ... it felt a whole lot longer than one month but its finally here.

Colin spent Friday evening putting it together but I didn't get near it till Sunday. I went down and walked on it for 20 minutes at a speed of 2.2 Its a nice leisurely walk but then every 5 minutes I decided to bump it up to a speed of 3 and ran for 30 seconds. Yes I said ran ... its something I have not done since I was between 12 and 15 years old.

I was shocked I could even do it.  Its not something I will do every time I'm on the treadmill right now, I just wanted to see if it was possible.  I was so excited!

Today I will go out and pick up a heart rate monitor. I hope to get one that will help me figure out what my at rest heart rate is and then I will know what I should be at to burn more fat!


Part of my new in home gym ... We have a treadmill, a weight bench, 2 bikes (one recumbent and one regular) and a punching dummy ... I hope to be able to use all these things soon but for now I will stick with the treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment