Wednesday 9 January 2013

60 POUNDS DOWN

I haven't posted a weight post in a while because we didn't have TOPS meetings over the Holidays.  I knew that without the meetings I would need a little extra kick every day, a reminder, that I could do this without the check in every week.

I will be honest though, I was terrified not having that check in each week. I was afraid I would slip into my old ways and say "oh well I have 18 days till weigh in I can have that square and not count it"

I won't deny that I had a square or two over the Holidays, however, I made sure I counted them in my daily calories. If I knew I was going to have a square or something I don't normally eat then I made sure I  re-organized my meals the rest of the day to accommodate it. These are all brand new things for me. Not because I was never taught them, I had been taught them throughout my entire life, but I never put them into effect like I should have.

Every occasion in our family is celebrated with food. During the Holidays we had 2 turkey dinners, a lobster & steak dinner, and an appetizer buffet. Add to those meals there were trays and trays of sweets for desert. Although my family didn't change how THEY celebrated special occasions, I HAD TO CHANGE how I celebrated and this is going to be a constant battle for me.

I didn't get to 364.4lbs because I didn't enjoy food. I absolutely LOVE food but I have had to change how I choose to love food. In the last few months I have been able to switch it up and I am starting to enjoy making new recipes and baking for others so much. I can't say I don't want to eat the food from time to time but seeing the reactions of people who try my cooking/baking is a reward for me.


I was so excited to step on the scale last evening at TOPS because I knew I didn't over-indulge like I have in the past years during the Holidays. I was so excited to see that I was DOWN! I lost 6.2lbs since my last weigh in on December 18, 2012!

I am now down 61.2lbs!!

I am so happy that I have reached this goal. I wanted to reach 60lbs loss by December 26th, however, we didn't have a TOPS Meeting and I didn't want to ask someone to weigh me in over the Holidays. I did weigh myself on my home scale but I was too nervous to take it as a real weight loss without it being done on the TOPS scale.  Now that it has been validated on the TOPS Scale I will say I reached this goal.

My next goal is to be below 300lbs before my MRI on January 28th, 2013.  The last time I had an MRI scheduled I was unable to get it done because of my weight. I was not too heavy for the machine I was too wide for it. So if I can go there below 300lbs I will feel absolutely AMAZING!







4 comments:

  1. You are doing absolutely amazing! Keep up the excellent work. This is your time for the rest of your new life :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the encouragement ... you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. weeehoooo! so happy for ya!!! when you get down to what I weigh then I'll lose those 70ish lbs I need to lose... hahaha no just kidding, I'll start working on it before then, just need to get my foot healed up before I can get out for walks and exercise... damn foot... lol but It won't be long before I'll be able to start... so that's good

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to concentrate on your foot first!!! We will get there :D

    ReplyDelete