Monday 21 January 2013

The New Me ...

16 weeks ago today I was getting ready to head to Toronto for surgery.  I am still in awe that I had surgery let alone am fully recovered and living my new-to-me life.  I am down over 60lbs and very very close to being below 300lbs.

I have always wanted to be able to just get up and go each morning without pain.  Previous to surgery I can't even count on one hand how many days I was able to wake up pain free. My hips, legs, feet, even my arms would be killing me each morning.  In the last few months I live a new reality, I wake up each morning pain free, refreshed, and ready to tackle a new day.

Before surgery I was also too large to use the WiiFit I bought almost 5 years ago.  I absolutely love it but I was way over the weight restrictions of the board it uses.  Saturday I was able to use it!!!  I have also been able to do yoga moves I wouldn't even have thought of trying before.  

I believe this is the smallest I have been in at least 7 years, possibly more. Sadly I am paying for all this today.  My legs are BURNING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment