Thursday 14 March 2013

Day One of a New Habit

I mentioned yesterday that I really wanted to do a few things new to help me lose more weight and the first thing I wanted to add to my daily routine was a set time to work out each day. One of the tips I posted yesterday was just that, to Set a Specific Time to Train and not to deviate from it as it is my time to commit to JUST ME.  It isn't something I am used to doing.

So this morning I woke up at 5:05am and got dressed in my work out gear, puttered around the house a little and then went downstairs to walk on my treadmill.  I most definitely haven't been doing nearly enough of ANY exercise lately.  I do have energy galore, I do a lot of cleaning, organizing, etc but I just don't do actual exercise.

The last time I was on the treadmill I got winded after only 15 minutes and today I doubled that without effort. I walked for 30 minutes at 2.5mph and I ended up walking a little over 1 mile. It has been YEARS and I mean YEARS since I have been able to walk that length of time without stopping.

After my work out I went upstairs to grab some water and grabbed a shower. I then added a second item to my new daily routine .. I ate breakfast at my kitchen table. I have to break the routine I currently have of eating at my desk at work for 2 of my 3 meals and then on the couch for my third meal.  It is not something anyone should do but it is definitely not something I should be doing.

In order to make my routine work better I will need to probably start making my lunches when I'm prepping supper but for now my new routine is going to be:

5:00am - Wake Up
5:30am - Walk
6:30am - Shower
7:00am - Breakfast at Kitchen Table


No comments:

Post a Comment