Saturday 29 September 2012

Back in Cape Breton

Friday was the LONGEST day in history.  Colin and I had to check out of our hotel by 1pm and sadly our flight didn't leave till 9:20pm!!

We checked out of the hotel and the front desk clerk called us a taxi to take us to the airport.  We waited outside since I hadn't really been in fresh air since coming home from the clinic.  All of a sudden a gorgeous stretch limo shows up!! We looked at each other and said "that can't be for us" but sure enough the driver got out and said are you guys the couple heading to the airport. We laughed and said yes ... he said "well this was the closest vehicle so here you go!"

So off we went to the Airport in STYLE!



When we got to the airport we walked around a bit, went through security, Colin got some lunch and I had a fruit smoothie. We walked some more and looked at all the shops ... its like its own mall! We talked, read, watched some TV shows we had recorded. I read my new book that the Clinic gave me. Had some supper (Colin had Tim Horton's and I had a V8 Fusion & yogurt) All in all it was a REALLY long day.

We finally got the call to board around 9pm and I was so excited that we were going home, but I was NOT prepared for how the air pressure changes would make me feel. I had opted not to take the gravol because it was ORANGE flavored ... you can't get a more disgusting flavor in my opinion. I wasn't so much sick to my stomach as I had so many gas pains from the operation that it felt like my insides were going to explode on take off and landing. In between I tried to sleep as best I could but I was very uncomfortable.

We got into Sydney around 1am and were home and in bed by 2am and I have never been so happy in my life!! I slept GREAT considering the last two nights were very uncomfortable due to the large incision's stitches.

Today I woke up feeling refreshed ... I made a meal plan for the next few days, made a grocery list, and then napped (only because Colin wasn't ready to go to the store and I figured I could use it LOL) We went for groceries and stocked up on some really good food to bring me through the next few weeks of transition.  Now I sit here typing this as I wait for my Tomato Basil soup to boil then simmer for 45 minutes so I can throw it in the food processor and make it edible by me :D

No comments:

Post a Comment