Tuesday 16 October 2012

Always Learning

It has been a week of learning for me.  After only losing 0.2lbs last week I was sad/frustrated.  It took a few days for me to realize that I wasn't going to lose 4 - 6 lbs a week without putting in some major effort. After talking with the dietitian, Margeaux, from the Surgical Weight Loss Clinic I was reminded of a few things:

  1. The band does NOT cause a person to lose weight any faster the a non-banded person
  2. It is just a tool that will help me lose weight. It isn't a magic pill that will magically make me lose it, I have to put in a LOT of work before it will work for me.

I have been transitioning to solid foods. I am fully on solid food as of Wednesday.  That means I should not be consuming my calories in liquid form like smoothies, protein shakes etc. So it has been an experience trying to pick the proper food and quantities that fit within this new life style.

That is something else I learned/relearned ... this is a Life Style not a diet .  A diet is something that has a beginning and an end but this is not that.  This is a life style that I have to adapt to live healthy the rest of my life.

The only thing missing right now is I am having the hardest time trying to fit in exercise. I am so swamped with work, TOPS and other meetings that I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day.  On top of that I absolutely hate walking outside right now.  I hope it will change as I lose weight but I have a hard time walking where people can see me.  It might be self-centered of me to have this feeling but I always feel like someone is watching me, making fun of me while I walk.  I know I shouldn't think that because lets face it I'm not that important for some stranger even care. But that feeling is always there. So to solve it I have purchased a treadmill!!


I can not WAIT to get it. It won't be in until November 9th though. In the mean time I have been cleaning up a storm around the house burning calories as I go.

Off topic a bit ... I finally got my Halloween decorations up last evening ... I just wish I had more. I can never decide on the right decorations. I don't want to be too cheesy with them ... I will have to post pictures later this evening after I get weighed-in!

No comments:

Post a Comment