Tuesday 9 October 2012

Annoyed With Local Doctors

I went to the doctors this morning to get my incision looked at and the stitch removed.  I was given a letter from Doctor Cobourn to give to my own doctor so that is what I did. The doctor I saw this morning, however, didn't even really read the letter.  He asked what it was so I told him it was from my surgeon and he looked at the signature and said "He's no surgeon" I said I apologize but he is a surgeon, but he is from Mississauga. He said "OH"

He then asked again what the letter was for and I told him I had Lap-Band surgery on Sept 26th and I needed the knot cut on my stitches.  He said "Well I don't do that. Around here they tie the knots on both ends and we just pull them and the stitches are all fixed up." I said I'm sorry but that is not what the letter says.  My stitches are all under the skin and there is on knot on the right that you must cut below in order for the rest to dissolve"

The doctor proceeded to argue with me, still without reading the letter, that it just wasn't done that way.  I was getting so frustrated with him.  I finally pulled on the stitch said "see there's the knot, can you just cut below it for me please?" He said, "oh wow ok that is what needs to be done" I was so absolutely flustered with him. He finally went and got the scissors and cut the stitch and I was done.

He continued to ask about surgery, how long I was in the hospital (one or 2 days) and so on.  If he had just read the letter I would have been out in 2 minutes instead of the 20 it took to explain everything.

That is my rant for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment