Thursday 25 October 2012

Feeling better ... and worse ... All at once

This past week has been a good one, adding in exercise, working on eating the proper foods etc. But I have also come down with a disgusting head cold that put me out of commission just as I was starting to get in the walking groove.

After my last post I realized that I had to stop making excuses for not getting out to walk. I work in a job that allows me a lot of lenience in my scheduling. So I bit the bullet and spoke to my supervisor about going for a walk during my lunch hour each day. In order to do that I had to make sure I had someone cover my phone, which I did, and then I just had to get out and do it. So starting last Thursday I walked at lunch. From my office up the highway and back again. A total of about 15 minutes covering 1.06Km something I wouldn't have been able to do in 45 minutes.

I have been feeling better and better since I starting walking until I got sick. Normally when I'm sick I don't take time off work, I don't need it. But yesterday was just not one of those days. By 11am I was cold to the bone but it wasn't cold in here. I was wearing my Seaside sweatshirt with my hood up when I realized it was time to go home.  I went home, found out my temp was up to 102 and just slept the rest of the day & night away. Today I feel great even though I sound like a dying seal when I cough and that a frog is stuck in my throat when I talk. Sadly it meant me missing 2 days of walking but I will be back at it tomorrow!!!

On the plus side I lost 2.2lbs at TOPS this week bringing my total weight loss to 34lbs. This is a weight I haven't seen in FOREVER and I am hoping to never see it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment