Sunday 28 October 2012

Fun Times

Well this weekend I actually decided to go to a dance ... something I wouldn't voluntarily do normally. It wasn't just any dance either, it was a costume dance. I normally would shy away from anything and everything that would draw attention to myself but I really wanted to go to this dance. It was being put on by a few friends of mine and all the proceeds were going to ALS Nova Scotia. I have been helping them out with almost any fundraiser they have for this society but recently it means a lot more to me.  A very good friend/coworker of mine was diagnosed with ALS in May of this year and I know that anything we do will help him down the road.

So Friday after work Colin and I headed out to Valu Village to pick up a few supplies.  I knew I wouldn't be able to fit into 99.99% of the costumes they had yet but I was determined to try and do something. Colin and I had some hats we purchased last year in Disney during the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and so I figured we would use them. I was going to be Minnie Mouse and he was Goofy ... Next year if I'm Minnie I hope to have a cuter outfit to wear lol

I got my niece, Madeline, to do my hair and makeup for me ... I got dressed in black pants and a nice, slimming, black top ... got my hat on and off we went. I was surprised at how comfortable I felt for the first time in public in a long time.  I haven't lost that much yet but it was a different feeling for me.  I enjoyed myself immensely!! We went with another couple, our friend with ALS and his wife.  We met up with a number of other friends there as well and it was a great time.  Now I haven't lost that much weight that I feel comfortable dancing in front of people but I did some chair dancing, talked, listened to the music and enjoyed all the amazing costumes.












No comments:

Post a Comment