Thursday 9 May 2013

Its The Little Things That Mean The Most

I may still be 110lbs away from my goal, I may still wear between a 1X & 3X, I may have weeks where I gain a 1lb here and there but I feel amazing already.  I have had a number of NSV (Non Scale Victories) that just make me think back to how I felt at the beginning of this journey and remember why I need to keep going when I feel discouraged.

  • I was able to paint my own toe nails last evening and to most people that seems like an every day task but for me was almost impossible due to my size.  I was even too embarrassed to go to a pedicurist.

  • As a friend stated in his blog yesterday I now can choose to go to almost any show/restaurant and sit in any seat and know I will fit where before I turned down a lot of tickets/dinner dates/etc because it had arms on it and I wouldn't fit.  

  • I purchased my van over 2 years ago and in hindsight I only picked a van because I didn't fit in to anything else comfortably and now I feel like I could pick almost any vehicle (within reason) and fit without issue.

  • I bought a pair of high heels for the first time this month because I finally didn't feel like I was going to sink to the center of the earth.

  • Before I started this journey I would cringe when I realized I had to walk somewhere to get something, whether it was within the office (up or downstairs) or to take the garbage to the curb and now I do it without even thinking.  There are days I go up and down the stairs at work 10 - 20 times now!
I may update this from time to time when other things that make me smile and remember why I decided to take this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment