Sunday 5 May 2013

NSV (Non Scale Victories)

Well everyone,  I lost 1/4 of a pound this week at TOPS and although it was not as much as I wanted to lose it didn't get me down because I had a TON of NSV's (Non Scale Victories) A big one was that I purchased a mountain bike about a week ago and am loving it, even if I'm not loving the hills in our area yet.

Last evening my husband and I went for a ride straight after work. He has been driving a bike for YEARS and loves it so this is something that I really wanted to do as I started to lose weight so I could spend time with him.  We left our house and went for a 20 minute ride, and although I'm sure Colin could have biked circles around me he was very kind to me and stopped on hills if I needed to ... I am very lucky to have him to help me along.

The hills in our area are annoying, some small and some large, but very hard on something who hasn't ridden a bike in FOREVER.


After the ride we went and had our supper etc and then around 8pm he asked if I wanted to go for a walk since he wanted to fly his planes (RC ones) and in the past I would have laughed at him.  But I said yes and I'm sure he was very shocked to hear me say that.  We went down to a small park where he likes to fly and around it is a walking track.  It isn't large but its 1/4 of a mile long and I did 2 full laps around it.  I was able to get up to 3Mph walking and was very excited.



That was 2 awesome NSVs for me, things I didn't think I would ever be able to do again.

I am almost done of my 30 day Squat Challenge and am looking to start another challenge once its over. I still haven't decided what to do though.   What is nice however, is that our office has started a Walking Club and we will do group walks every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  As I get more information and days under my belt I will tell everyone how its all going.




No comments:

Post a Comment